- Make a time to meet with one of our financial planners. The initial meeting is without obligation, and during this meeting, we will determine if any action points can improve your long term financial security.
- Before the meeting, we provide you with a Financial Questionnaire and an Investment Risk Profiler. It is crucial for us to understand your situation and as such we are required to obtain from you the most comprehensive disclosure of your circumstances that you can give. The Investment Risk Profiler provides a numerical indication of your tolerance and sensitivity to loss and using the results, along with discussions with you, we establish a recommended asset allocation.
- At the initial meeting, we will help you prioritise various financial goals and objectives and develop an understanding of your financial position. We will also give you a brief instruction as to how we operate and start to explain the direction that you should be moving in to achieve your financial goals and objectives. It also gives you a chance to meet your financial planner and ask questions. At this meeting, you will be provided with a Financial Services Guide, which details our fees.
- When you give us your approval to prepare a financial plan (Statement of Advice), we will then make another appointment to present this to you. A fee is charged for the preparation of this document. Your financial planner will inform you of the cost of this at your initial meeting and will depend on the level of complexity of the advice required.
- Before commencing work on your financial plan, we will send you a formal Terms of Engagement letter which will scope out the work to be done and reconfirm the fee payable. If you wish to proceed, you sign and return the Terms of Engagement. We will then determine effective strategies that are tailored to your individual needs to meet your goals and objectives.
- At your next meeting, we will present your financial plan and discuss the recommendations and strategies we have developed and answer any questions you may have. We will require two hours (sometimes longer) to present your plan which contains the strategies and recommended investments designed to meet your goals and objectives.
- Once you have reviewed the document, asked any questions and are comfortable to proceed, we will then make sure that your financial plan is implemented as documented.
- As part of our Ongoing Advice and Review service, your financial planner will regularly review your financial position, objectives and needs regularly to ensure your financial plan remains appropriate for you.
How do I arrange a meeting with a financial planner?
Call our office on (03) 9809 1221, and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our process and make a time for you to meet with one of our financial planners.