MEET THE MANAGER: MUNRO GLOBAL GROWTH FUND
THURSDAY 11TH FEBRUARY AT 10.30 am
Our next webinar will be held on Thursday 11th February at 10.30 am on the Munro Global Growth Fund.
Patrick Malcolm, Senior Partner, will host our special guest Nick Griffin, who is the Chief Investment Officer of Munro Partners.
Munro Partners is a global investment manager with a core focus on global growth companies. Established in 2016 by an award-winning investment team, the business is owned and controlled by key staff. The business is Australian domiciled, with its head office based in Melbourne.
Munro seeks to identify medium to long-term internally defined structural investment themes that are used to narrow down the global equity market to a focused selection of stocks.
To identify attractive themes, Munro assesses companies on the following five qualitative factors:
- Growth: Faster earnings or revenue growth versus peers. Munro also seeks companies where their addressable market is also growing.
- Economic leverage: Companies that exhibit pricing power or have economic leverage.
- Sustainability: Companies that can sustain growth due to their scale, position within the market, intellectual property or locational advantages.
- Control: Management has material ownership or appropriate incentives in place.
- Customer Perception: Companies must be a beneficiary of strong customer reviews and rapid product adoption.
Nick and Patrick will cover the following:
- How the fiscal and monetary packages that have been rolled out around the world represent compensation rather than stimulus
- How bear markets can make portfolio managers look stupid
- What Nick believes is the biggest investment trend of our lifetimes
- How Munro tries to pick growth stocks that keep on winning
- Where Munro is investing now
Details of the webinar are as follows:
Meeting Name: Meet the Manager – Munro Partners
Date: Thursday, 11th February 2021
Webinar time: 10.30am – 11.30am
Speakers: Patrick Malcolm, Nick Griffin
Please reserve your place by Tuesday 9th February.
Senior Partner & Certified Financial Planner, GFM Wealth Advisory
Patrick joined GFM in 2002 and is a Senior Partner and Certified Financial Planner® at GFM Wealth Advisory. He has completed a Master of Applied Finance at the University of Melbourne and a Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment amongst a range of qualifications. Patrick is also a CPA and an SMSF Association SMSF Specialist Advisor®. In 2020, Patrick was ranked as one of Australia’s “Top 100 Financial Advisers” as published by “The Australian” newspaper in conjunction with the respected U.S. financial publication “Barron’s”. Patrick is a member of the GFM Investment Committee, which meets regularly to research, select and monitor all the investments on the GFM Approved Investment List.
Founding Partner & Chief Investment Officer, Munro Partners
Nick is a founding Partner and the Chief Investment Officer of Munro Partners. He is responsible for Munro’s key investment funds’ investment management and the formulation and implementation of the proprietary investment process. Nick has over 20 years of financial services experience and over 14 years, managing absolute return mandates focused on global growth equities. Nick holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) degree from the University of Melbourne and a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment.