Market Update & Outlook for 2021
By Mai Davies
We held our fifth webinar on Wednesday the 11th November where we provided a Market Update and Outlook for 2021.
We were delighted to see so many interested clients and guests dialling in to hear from our Advisers Paul Nicol, Patrick Malcolm, James Malliaros and our special guest presenter James Holt who is the Senior Investment Specialist for Equities at Perpetual Investments.
James Holt reflected on recent market events and provided an overview of the global economic backdrop looking into 2021 and how this is likely to affect investment markets over the next few years. The topics we covered with James included:
- The risk of second and third wave COVID shocks to the system
- What is the new COVID normal and what has changed forever?
- What scenarios are facing the global economy going forward?
- The impact of the US election and how this will affect the rest of the world?
- How will Australia’s economy fare being caught in between the two superpowers of the US and China
- With a “V” shaped market recovery are markets now expensive?
We hope you enjoy the webinar.