Meet The Manager: Wilson Asset Management – WAM Microcap Fund
By Mai Davies
We held our eighth webinar for 2020 on Wednesday the 9th December, where we provided an update on the Wilson Asset Management – WAM Microcap Fund.
We were delighted to see so many interested clients and guests dialling in to hear from Paul Nicol, our Managing Partner and our special guest presenters Oscar Oberg and Tobias Yao, who are Portfolio Managers at Wilson Asset Management for the WAM Microcap Fund.
Paul, Oscar and Tobias were very insightful in their discussion on Microcap investing. The areas we covered with Oscar and Tobias included:
- The definition of a Microcap company here in Australia
- Why investors should be looking to invest in Microcap companies?
- The investment selection criteria WAM applies to the selection of Microcap companies in its portfolio
- Why we are currently witnessing an incredibly strong environment for Microcap investing despite the difficult environment of COVID.
- Can WAM Microcap invest in the pre-IPO market, for which we have seen significant activity recently?
- Sectors in the Microcap market which appeal at present
- Some of the key holdings in the WMI portfolio
We hope you enjoy the webinar.